Wednesday 25 May 2011

Bucket Lists

Where did the term bucket list originate from? Well to me it is all the things you want to do before you die.
Hopefully it is not all the things you want to own before you die. What we really want are experiences.
I do not want to own my own seaside villa but I sure want to visit one or rather many in order to have different experiences over my lifetime. But I am challenged today by Oswald Chambers in my devotions to let God write my bucket list. Sure it takes faith. But who knows better than I what would be most meaningful to me or my family. Perhaps I might be able to have that seaside feeling while on a mission trip and be able to have a sense that while I was there I was helping others? I take my requests to God and let Him fill in the rest trusting that He knows the when , the how , the who better than I do. I have had God work out details that I never could even know that they would be necessary.  I love the idea that God has my back( thanks Karen).
He always does what is best for me and believing that He is always good was a life-altering experience for me. He is not out to get me in any form or fashion and that is why I can always enter my days with boldness.
I keep the vision, the dreams that I believe God has given me fresh in my mind and visit them daily so that I can move forward in my life  while keeping the balance that He is leading me.
As I go to the World Spinnning Conference soon I will be looking for that sense of adventure while I try new things and meet new people.

No comments:

Post a Comment